Welcome to Fraternal Order of Eagles ALVA Aerie #871, located in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. We are a social and funloving group who enjoy spending time with family and friends in Aerie 871’s spacious Rathskeller. We are also a generous and concerned group, giving time, talent and money to many worthy causes. Join us in celebrating our fraternal bonds and the joys of contributing to the community!
- Monday, January 20: No daily special
- Tuesday, January 21: Chili mac – $7
- Wednesday January 22: Chicken & rice soup with grilled cheese sandwich – $7
- Thursday, January 23: Loaded perogies – $7
- Friday, January 24: Join us for Shrimp & Wing Dinner
- Saturday, January 25 $2 off pizza and wings
- Sunday, December 26: $Join us for the Chili Cook-off at 1:45 p.m. and $1 off hot dogs thereafter
The battle for the coveted chili necklace will begin at 1:45 p.m. when competitors bring in their favorite chili to be judged. After honors are given to the top three chefs, members will be invited to dive in and pick their own winners. Sign-up sheets will be in the Rathskeller.
Traditional Chili is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with red chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients.
The rules and regulations for the ALVA 871 Chili Cook-off are as follows:
- All contestants must sign up on the sheet provided in the Rathskeller. There is no entry fee for contestants.
- Entries are limited to 15 contestants.
- Contestants will be assigned a random number on the day of the cook off.
- A $5.00 tasting fee will be charged for non-contestants.
- Contestants should use a large Crock Pot to transport and serve their chili.
- Due to space constraints, contestants should heat their chili prior to coming to the club. Chili that must be reheated at the club is the responsibility of the contestant.
- If MSG is an ingredient in your Chili, you must notify the coordinator at drop off.
- Judging will be based on the following considerations:
Texture of the meat
Blend of Spices
- The decision of the Judges is final. No Appeals!!!
- Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
Competing chilis must arrive no later than 1:45.
Post expires on Sunday January 26th, 2020
On January 21, 2020, Past Mid-Atlantic Regional President Don Jenkins presented a $5,000 grant check to Mary Meyers of INOVA Heart & Vascular Foundation at INOVA Fairfax Hospital.
The “Old Town Smokers” have stepped up to prepare dinner. MENU: Pulled Pork, BBQ Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Beans and Cornbread — $12 per person. Dinner is from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. THANK YOU Old Town Smokers for volunteering.
Post expires on Friday January 31st, 2020
Breakfast includes eggs, omelets and pancakes cooked to order and a buffet of bacon, sausage, scrapple, hash browns, sausage gravy, chipped beef, grits, biscuits AND our famous puffs. You also get one Bloody Mary, screwdriver or mimosa — $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for children, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
If you have time and would like to volunteer to help with this event please sign up here: http://bit.ly/BMBFeb2
Post expires on Sunday February 2nd, 2020
Stay tuned for menu.
Post expires on Friday February 14th, 2020
Shrimp, spiced or fried, with cole slaw and corn on the cob, $8; Shrimp and 1/2 order of chicken wings, cole slaw and corn, $12; Wings only (full order of 13), $8.00 − 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
If you have time and would like to volunteer to help with this event please sign up here: http://bit.ly/shrimpFeb29
Post expires on Friday February 28th, 2020
Of the three, who’s the best looking? The one in the middle? Thank you Eagles — GREAT PARTY !