NOTICE Regarding Aerie 871 Events
Dear Aerie and Auxiliary members,
Thanks to all the folks who helped us set up the tables and chairs in the Rathskeller so we can go back to normal capacity. We have full seating at the bar and all the dartboards and games are open.
The Board of Trustees is now working on getting our regular events back. We’ve already reserved a pavilion at Fort Hunt Park for our annual picnic on September 18, and we hope to hold the August crab pick if prices come down to something reasonable. Our regular food service has also alerted us to higher prices for many items, especially steak and chicken. Unfortunately, we will have to raise our prices to recover costs.
The schedule for Friday night dinners and Bloody Mary breakfast is listed below. Remember, you can always check the calendar on www.foe871.com to confirm dates.
- We plan to offer steak night on June 18 IF we get enough volunteers. (Be on the lookout for instructions on how to sign up or talk to a trustee.) The new price will be $25 and will include a salad and baked potato. Ice cream sandwiches and cookies will be an additional $2.00.
- June 25’s shrimp and wings dinner is cancelled so that members, officers, and trustees may attend the state convention in Winchester where FOE 871 member, Rock Ruark, will be installed as State Worthy President.
- The first Friday and Sunday in July fall on the Independence Day weekend, so we will not have steak night or Bloody Mary breakfast.
- We will resume our normal schedule of meals on Friday, July 18, with steak night.
- We will hold a shrimp and wings dinner on July 23. The new price of shrimp-only or wings-only will be $10 and the combo will be $15. Slaw and corn will be included.
- Bloody Mary breakfast will be held on August 1. The new price is $15.
- Ladies Auxiliary dinners on the second Friday of the month are TBD.
Our ability to continue these events depends on volunteers. We cannot continue to count on the five trustees and a few of volunteers to shoulder all of this work. We are “People Helping People”, and that motto should start at home! Let’s help each other so we can enjoy time together
Board of Trustees